Tuesday, July 22, 2008

April 08 Trip - Day 11

Day 11
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Alpine, TX - Houston, TX
578 miles

I'm used to being the last person out of the parking lot at these events, so I was surprised to find that there were still a few riders hanging around when I opened the door to my motel room. I packed the bike, said my goodbyes, and headed out for the now-familiar grind on I10.

The ride was uneventful. Warm temperatures and humidity welcomed me home.

My day was not over when I pulled into the garage and stripped out of my riding clothing. I took a shower and got into the truck for a 70 mile round-trip drive to my parents house to retrieve the grand-pets.

Finally in for the night, I relaxed on my couch, perused my pictures, and petted my cat.

Trip Costs:

Gas: $385.93
Lodging: $224.25
Food: $98.09
Petty Cash: $125.23 (includes ATM withdrawals and misc purchases)

Total Cost of 11 days on the road: $833.50

Not bad.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Thanks for posting the trip reports. As usual, it's very well written... a pleasure to read. And, it was also a pleasure meeting you at Custer, SD last year.