Tuesday, July 22, 2008

April 08 Trip - Day 10

Day 10
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Alpine, TX
319 miles

We had a big group for breakfast this morning at a diner just down the street from the meet motel. Afterwards, many of the riders split up for day rides on their own.

I found myself roped into leading a small group up through the Davis Mountains to McDonald Observatory. From there, Rich (a fellow Texan who I've gotten familiar with over several pie runs and past STN events) led us down to Presidio for lunch at El Patio and then east on 170 for a roller coaster ride along the Rio Grande.












































The funny thing is that many of these photos are duplicates of shots I took in December 2006. I guess I need to ride this route the other direction...

We got back to the hotel with plenty of time to relax before supper. For the "official* meet dinner, I had booked a group room at the Edelweiss Brewery & Restaurant in the historic Holland Hotel. I'd been looking forward to schnitzel all day... and the food did not disappoint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gotta love that deep blue sky that shows up in some of those photos. The contrast with your lighter blue background is astounding. Thanks for sharing.

Ride on,
Torch