Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday Sightseeing

After finishing up our work today, We went downtown to do some more touristy stuff. We got there only moments before an architectural riverboat tour narrated by a docent from the Chicago Architecture Society. I think I went overboard with my camera during that tour, considering that I somehow managed to leave the charging cord at home. After the incredibly educational 1.5 hour boat ride, we walked down Michigan Ave to the Water Tower, one of the few buildings still standing after the great Chicago Fire and designated a monument to the victims. John Hancock center was nearby, so we took the elevator ride up to the observation deck for a 94th story view of the city. The evening ended with dinner at a nice restaurant by the water tower.

It was pretty overcast today, so the lighting wasn't always the greatest in my pictures. I've therefore taken some creative license with coloring and filters...

From the riverboat tour-

















Hancock Center





From the observatory





Chicago Tribune Building


No comments: